1) Q: Are you able to have a Borehole Pump or Motor Repaired on site?
A: Yes it is possible however this will depend on what the actual problem is and if it is able to be repaired on site or to be repaired off site.
2) Q: Can you have a borehole installed without permission from the council?
A: Yes you can have a borehole installed without their permission as the company who is drilling your borehole will advise you if this new borehole is lawful or not and if it is for schedule 1 use.
3) Q: Are the municipal charges for having a borehole and using the water?
A: No there are no additional charges for using borehole other than having the actual borehole installed which will be a cost discussed between you and your borehole company.
4) Q: How deep does a borehole need to be?
A: This will depend on whether your borehole is for household use or business use as well as the ground water table as this will advise on how deep your borehole will need to be but roughly a borehole can be anything from 100 to 500 feet deep.
5) Q: Is Borehole water safe to drink?
A: In general borehole water is very safe to drink, bath in and wash clothes to name a few however in some cases there can be some contamination from some dissolved minerals or other forms of contamination that can cause some illnesses.